ASICS STOCKHOLM MARATHON 2020 – CANCELLED
Update June 10th: We in the sports organisations Spårvägens FK and Hässelby SK, together referred to as Marathongruppen, have today been forced to make the decision to cancel our planned events in August until mid September. This decision includes ASICS Stockholm Marathon (September 5).
ASICS STOCKHOLM MARATHON VIRTUAL EDITION
Earlier this summer we unfortunately had to cancel ASICS Stockholm Marathon because of the ongoing corona pandemic, but now we can present ASICS Stockholm Marathon Virtual Edition. If you’re already registered for the race you will soon receive an email where you simply check a box if you want to participate in the virtual race at no extra cost. And if you haven’t signed up for the race, but want to run registration is open! On your own, but not alone. Through the ASICS Stockholm Marathon Virtual Edition we cheer each other on virtually. Now let’s get pumped! The race starts on September 4 at: 06:00 (CEST) and you have 72 hours to complete your race. You run whenever and wherever you want during these 72 hours.
Let’s run ASICS Stockholm Marathon Virtual Edition together!
Medal: After completing the race your finisher medal is mailed to you.
Finisher t-shirt: After completing the race your finisher shirt will be mailed to you.
Diploma: You can download your finisher diploma immediately after you complete the race.
Racing bib: You can download a racing bib to wear during your race.
Audio stations: Along the virtual race course you will get audio experiences in your headphones. Music, environmental sounds, cheers and crowds – we want to give you a ASICS Stockholm Marathon-vibe as strong as possible.
Maps: You have the opportunity to switch between two map views: the original race map and where you actually are.
Live Tracking: Your friends and family can follow you and your progress along the ASICS Stockholm Marathon course.
Social media contests: You have the opportunity to win great prizes in our contests. Use #mittvrlopp and #asicsstockholmmarathon to enter the competition.
Result list: Your result will be in the official results
Seeding: Your result can be used as a seeding race for next year’s ASICS Stockholm Marathon.
Finisher photo: Take a selfie when you finish, and use one of the three selfie filters available in the app to share your experience in social media.
Starting time: September 4 at. 06: 00 (CEST). Run whenever and wherever you want during 72 hours.
Already signed up?
You will receive an email where you check a box that you want to participate in the virtual race at no extra cost. If you do choose to run the ASICS Stockholm Marathon Virtual Edition you will receive an email two days before the race with information including your race ID and racing bib.
Can I register for the ASICS Stockholm Marathon Virtual Edition?
Yes! Get your spot for 40 Euro. You run wherever you want and get access to everything that is included.
How do I participate?
1. You will receive an email two days before the the start of the race with information including your race ID and racing bib. As well as a link to the app you need to download to track your race.
2. In the app, click on ”Follow my race” and enter your race ID and last name.
3. Run your race between September 4 at 06:00 and September 7 at 05:59 (CEST) and track your race with the app.
4. During the race, you will experience inspirational audio stations and can switch between your actual location and the ASICS Stockholm Marathon course. Your friends can follow your progress along the original race map by downloading the app and either entering your last name or your race ID.
5. High Five! You have now participated in the ASICS Stockholm Marathon Virtual Edition and can download your finisher diploma immediately. Don’t forget to share your finisher photo in social media to have the chance to win great prizes. Your medal and finisher tee will be sent to you after the race.